Salem Communications Holding Corp.
|Company||Salem Communications Holding Corp|
The Salem Media Group of Washington, DC is looking for a Full Time Program Manager for its cluster of radio stations in Arlington, Virginia. This individual will oversee the management of all current long-form program audio material.
• Provide oversight of the process and execution of gathering the audio for all long-form programs for the DC Cluster of stations: WAVA AM, WAVA FM, WRC and SiriusXM Family.
• Create and manage a backup system of all programs.
• Work with other department heads to create an efficient system of program management, including the loading and playback of all programs.
• The ability to manage production work is a requirement.
• Work with current automation system.
• Work with General Manager, Local Ministry Director, National Ministries Office, Traffic Director, Engineering and Clients to insure that audio is properly received and loaded.
• Create a positive work environment for Salem DC peers, and clients.
• Available 24 hours a day to resolve program issues as they may arise.
• Responsibilities as assigned and related to the full operation of the radio stations, including operation of the BOC, FM studio, live programming and talk shows.
Skills, Qualifications and Characteristics:
• Commitment to integrity, valuing people, and a positive team environment with team participation.
• Strong writing and speaking ability with excellent people skills.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
• Strong visibility with staff and Programming team.
• 5 years of experience in radio production to include radio ads, long-form radio programs and live talk radio
• Experience with digital automation systems such as Rivendell.
• Proficient in digital audio editing and production to include Adobe Audition and similar software.
• Experience with Axia soundboards and software.
• Able to work independently and solve problems.
• Knowledge of advertising sales and desire to serve the Sales Department needs, including Production and working with clients.
• Experience working with the Evangelical and Conservative culture, leaders and listening audience.
• A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes.
• A strong radio announcer voice is a plus.
• Ability to respond to and resolve urgent issues when challenges arise 24/7.