Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Come be the difference at WBAL-TV…the first television station purchased by William Randolph Hearst! Located a short distance from the majestic Inner Harbor of Baltimore, WBAL-TV is one of America’s Leading Television Stations. Baltimore is a city rich in history…from the birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner to the home of the Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens, there is something for everyone in our town. Come join us and be the bigger picture!!
WBAL-TV has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable sportscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live sportscasts and specials
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of sports anchors, reporters, photographers, editors, and production staff
- 2 years producing experience
- Creative presentation style
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
- Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE