Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Connecting Vets Multimedia Reporter (Entercom DC)
This multimedia reporter is responsible for producing content for ConnectingVets.com. This individual will strive to set the standard for reporting and writing to serve an audience of military veterans and their families. In addition to writing, editing and distributing strong stories across our many web and social platforms, this person will work to create short-form audio vignettes for broadcast radio, and work with the Radio.com Managing Editor on strategies and initiatives to grow our presence on the national level.
• Find, write, and distribute compelling military content in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Create short-for vignettes for broadcast radio
• Leverage social platforms - including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram - to grow reach and engagement.
• Work closely with reporters, producers, and editors to increase interaction and engagement among readers and followers.
• Bring innovation and ways to leverage technology to improve and enhance story-telling techniques and methods.
District of Columbia
• Two years’ experience of marketing/social media/communication experience;
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant military experience
• Audio packaging and podcast production experience a plus Fluency in all social media platforms Project management, time management, and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with the culture, needs, and sensibilities of active military and veterans
• Ideal candidate is former military or a civilian who has worked in communications in government or military or has covered the military for a news publication with experience in writing, editing and conducting interviews • Must have reliable transportation
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is the #1 creator of live, original local audio content in the U.S and the unrivaled leader in local radio sports and news. Home to the nation’s most influential collection of podcasts, digital and broadcast content, and premium live experiences, Entercom engages over 170 million consumers each month. Available on every device in every major U.S. market, the company delivers the industry’s most compelling live and on-demand content and experiences from voices and influencers its communities trust and love. Entercom’s robust portfolio of assets and integrated solutions offer advertisers today’s most engaged audiences through targeted reach, brand amplification and local activation—all at national scale. Learn more at  www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom). References Visible links 1. http://www.entercom.com
To apply and upload your resume, visit https://entercom.com/careers