Media - Journalism - Newspaper
WBAL Newsradio 1090 and FM 101.5 has a rare opening for a full-time News Anchor/Reporter to join our award-winning team and the Hearst family. We are looking for a motivated, dependable individual with a confident on-air delivery, who can effectively and concisely communicate local, world, and national news in an easy to understand and useful way. This is an on-site position.
- Anchoring of WBAL Newscasts.
- Monitoring news from multiple sources and scripting twice-hourly newscasts.
- Supporting news gathering efforts and breaking news coverage.
- Delivering breaking news in a timely and concise manner.
- Contributing to our online platforms, including wbal.com and social media.
- Understanding of the Baltimore metro and surrounding areas helpful.
- Familiarity with radio or television broadcast news operations helpful.
- Must be available to work holidays, and flexible with schedule during breaking news.
- College or comparable experience preferred.
- Broadcast experience preferred, particularly anchoring and reporting news.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE