Media - Journalism - Newspaper
General Sales Manager
General Sales Manager
98 Rock and WBAL NewsRadio is looking for an experienced General Sales Manager with an exceptional record of success. The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills along with a proven track record of 5+ years GSM or LSM or equivalent experience. You must have skills in budgeting, forecasting, managing inventory, recruiting talented salespeople and generating non-traditional revenue on-air and online. History and experience working with professional and collegiate sports teams is preferred as we are the home to the Baltimore Ravens and Baltimore Orioles as well as Navy Football.
- Manage and guide an experienced sales team to achieve station goals on all platforms.
- Develop, implement, and communicate sales strategies and action plans.
- Manage stations inventory and rates.
- Meet with clients and advertisers to maintain high visibility in the community.
- Create and manage non-traditional revenue and new business projects.
- Interface with station's national rep firm to set goals and objectives.
- Work with the promotion department to create sales opportunities
- Work with General Manager and other department managers to accomplish station objectives.
- Five years broadcast sales management experience preferred
- Must have a proven track record of success in transactional, new business and digital sales
- Candidates must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills with a proven track record of success.
- Must have the ability to price, forecast, and budget and execute a clear plan and vision.
- Creative selling abilities a must!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE