Weekend Board Operator
Salem Media of DC
|Position||Weekend Board Operator|
|Jobdescription||Board Operator Weekends Mid-Day - Broadcast Operations Center
11:30AM – 6:00PM Saturday and Sunday: Part-Time 14 Hours Per Week
We currently have a part-time position available for a Board Operator at The Salem DC cluster.
Duties and Responsibilities.
Must operate standard broadcast console, including “faders” or “pots.”
Protect the company’s F-C-C license, successfully execute E-A-S tests, log transmitter readings, raise and lower power and follow regulations and policies under the direction of the Chief Operator.
Able to read and follow program logs and play programs, spots and station identification’s for multiple stations.
Ability to record commercials as well as live and pre-recorded production programming.
Support other staff members with any needed concerns.
Be proficient with AXIA Consoles
Be proficient with Adobe Audition
Be familiar with the Rivendell Automation system
Must be flexible to stay until the next operator has relieved you of your duties.
The ability to travel in all types of weather to your work assignment
Other duties as assigned.
Education, Specific Skills and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED
• Prior experience in running an audio console at a commercial or non-commercial
radio station is necessary.
• Experience in a similar format/formats preferred.
• Experience with digital audio and digital editing systems.
• Computer proficiency and ability to use Windows and Linux-based systems and programs.
• Experience working with broadcast automation systems.
• Able to work regular weekend and/or overnight shifts.
• Must have legal right to work in the United States.
The ability to work and problem solve independently.
• Ability to interact and work well with others
• Must be dependable, detailed oriented and organized.
• Must be able to follow direction well.
• Must be able to multiple task in a fast-paced environment.