Board Operator Morning Drive
Salem Media of DC
|Company||Salem Media of DC|
|Position||Board Operator Morning Drive|
|Jobdescription||5am-1pm Monday – Friday : Full-Time 40 Hours/Week
We currently have a full-time position available for a Board Operator at The Salem DC cluster.
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Must operate standard broadcast console, including “faders” or “pots.”
• Protect the company’s F-C-C license, successfully execute E-A-S tests, log transmitter readings, raise and lower power and follow regulations and policies under the direction of the Chief Operator.
• Able to read and follow program logs and play programs, spots and station identification’s for multiple stations.
• Ability to record commercials as well as live and pre-recorded production programming.
• Support other staff members with any needed concerns.
• Work with morning show host as needed.
• Be proficient with AXIA Consoles
• Be proficient with Adobe Audition
• Be familiar with the Rivendell Automation system
• Must be flexible to stay until the next operator has relieved you of your duties.
• The ability to travel in all types of weather to your work assignment
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Specific Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Prior experience in running an audio console at a commercial or non-commercial
radio station is necessary.
• Experience in a similar format/formats preferred.
• Experience with digital audio and digital editing systems.
• Computer proficiency and ability to use Windows and Linux-based systems and programs.
• Experience working with broadcast automation systems.
• Able to work regular weekend and/or overnight shifts.
• Must have legal right to work in the United States.
• The ability to work and problem solve independently.
• Ability to interact and work well with others
• Must be dependable, detailed oriented and organized.
• Must be able to follow direction well.
• Must be able to multiple task in a fast-paced environment.
Upload your resume when applying online
Position will remain open until filled. The Salem Media Group (WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. No relocation offered.