Salem Media of DC
|Company||Salem Media of DC|
|Jobdescription||Salem Media Group is searching for an exceptional individual to be our next General Manager in Washington, D.C. The successful candidate will lead our cluster of stations: WAVA-FM, WAVA-AM, WWRC-AM, Salem Surround (digital), and Sirius XM Family Talk. Salem Media D.C. and Sirius XM Family Talk are legendary voices for the Christian Teaching and Talk format in America.
• Our General Manager is responsible for leading and directing our D.C. team in all aspects of the operation of our stations including sales, programming/operations, marketing/promotions, technical/engineering, administration/human resources, and regulatory compliance.
• Our General Manager must work through our local sales team to drive revenue growth from multiple sources including local direct spot, long-form programs, events, and integrated marketing campaigns that utilize our Salem Surround suite of digital assets.
• Our General Manager must be the “steward” of a 30+ year heritage of serving national and local ministries, churches, and loyal listeners to the Christian Teaching and Talk format. This will require a personal relationship with and service to ministry leaders and church pastors. This stewardship also extends to enhancing Salem D.C.’s reputation for community service.
• Our General Manager is responsible for budget accomplishment on both the top and bottom lines through revenue growth and disciplined expense management.
Qualifications and Characteristics
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated the ability to:
• Lead and coach a team with a balance of accountability and inspiration
• Exceed budgetary goals
• Hire, train, and motivate employees
• Protect the station’s FCC license
• Continually grow in professional training/learning as our industry changes
• For consideration, candidates must have a record of accomplishment of goals.
• Five years or more of successful radio station general or sales management.
• A robust knowledge of Christian core audience issues and concerns is preferred.
• Familiarity with politically conservative core audience issues and concerns is also preferred.
• Career stability, business acumen and the ability to recruit, train and grow talent is essential.
• Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.
• Competitive pay structure based on experience
• Health, dental, vision and life insurance
• Matching 401k retirement plan
• Paid holidays and time off