WLOS News 13 in beautiful Asheville, NC has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Live Desk Anchor/Reporter. In this role, you will be an essential part of our weekday morning newscasts, producing and anchoring our Live Desk coverage. You will also be reporting in the field for our noon newscast. It is important to have strong writing skills and to have knowledge of current events. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
Skills and Experience:
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have at least 2+ years of on-air experience
- Live shot experience is required
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!